Welcome to the Copenhagen East European Studies Portal.
This site is an unofficial journal, database and meeting point for students of East and South East European Studies at the Department of Cross-Cultural and Regional Studies of the University of Copenhagen.
The portal seeks to serve as a platform for social and scientific exchange among students, lecturers and alumni. While offering resources for scientific research, the portal provides space for students to share their knowledge about Eastern Europe with their fellow students and the public.
As founded in January 2011, the portal is still under development. In future the East European Studies Portal will offer to students and the public:
- An open journal on political, cultural and linguistic issues concerning Eastern Europe and the Balkans
- World Wide Web resources (links, newsfeeds) on East European, Slavonic and Greek studies
- A database for theses and seminar papers
- Job opportunities and information on work placements
- A calendar for scientific and cultural events in Copenhagen
Currently there are no plans for an English translation of the portal. However, the portal welcomes journal articles and papers in languages other than Danish.
If you have:
- an article to publish
- job/placement offers
- other relevant content
- feedback on content or design