False Friends in Slavic Languages
The database knows following meanings of the Polish word ‘wystawa’:
- setting of play
The database has information related to this term for Ukrainian.
- is a complete false friend in Ukrainian.
- The Polish meaning ‘exhibition’ is unique.
- The Polish meaning ‘display’ is unique.
- The Polish meaning ‘setting of play’ is unique.
- The meaning ‘performance’ (not present in Polish ‘wystawa’, translated as ‘przedstawienie’) is attested in Ukrainian вистава.
|Meaning in Ukrainian:||Map|
|Meaning in Polish:|
‘setting of play’
no such word
no information yet
|exhibition||display||setting of play||performance|
|Meanings||exhibition||display||setting of play||performance|