False Friends in Slavic Languages
The database knows following meanings of the Czech word ‘stávat’:
- to stand often
- stávat se: to happen often
The database has information related to this term for Bulgarian.
- is a complete false friend in Bulgarian.
- The Czech meaning ‘to stand often ’ is unique.
- The Czech meaning ‘stávat se: to happen often’ is unique.
- The meaning ‘to stand up’ (not present in Czech ‘stávat’, translated as ‘vstávat’) is attested in Bulgarian ставам.
|Meaning in Bulgarian:||Map|
|Meaning in Czech:|
‘to stand often ’
‘to stand up’
‘stávat se: to happen often’
no such word
no information yet
|to stand often||to stand up||stávat se: to happen often|
|Meanings||to stand often||to stand up||stávat se: to happen often|